As Christians, we often use the words “God bless you,” but what does that really mean in our daily lives? “God bless you” is more than a phrase; it’s an invitation to experience God’s most profound and richest storehouse of grace in your life. To be blessed by God means He takes what you have and multiplies it to meet your greatest needs. Think of the feeding of the 5,000—Jesus takes a small offering, thanks God for it, and multiplies it abundantly. This principle extends to your business, your family—every aspect of your life. My prayer is that you will receive the fullness of God’s blessings in 2024.
Three Facts About God’s Blessings
- Unmerited Blessings: God’s blessings aren’t earned; they flow from His inherent goodness, not our merits or behavior. We don’t deserve them, but He delights in bestowing them upon us.
- Conditional Promises: There are 7,000 promises in the Bible, each with conditions. God waits for us to meet these conditions, such as seeking Him or obeying His commands, to pour out blessings. Deuteronomy 28:2-8 says, “All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God.” It includes blessing your land, your endeavors, your finances, your family, your work, and much more.
- Multi-Generational Blessings: God’s blessings transcend generations. By living in alignment with His conditions, you can pass on these blessings to your children and beyond. Just as Abraham’s blessings continued with Isaac, your obedience can set the stage for blessings in the lives of your descendants.
In essence, God’s blessings are ready and waiting, and He desires to showcase His goodness visibly through our lives to a watching world. It’s never too late to position yourself for God’s blessings, and by doing so, you become a conduit for blessings that extend far beyond your own lifetime. Listed below are six ways you can receive God’s blessings. We’ve also included six action steps you can take that will help you apply principles in your daily life.
Six Promises and Action Steps for a Blessed Life
Promise: Daily Encounter with God
“I will bless your life if you meet with me every single day.” Proverbs 8:34 says, “Blessed are those who listen to me and watch every day at my doors.”
- Action Step: In January, we’ve offered 21 Days of Prayer to help you get started with this. Whether you attended this yearly event or not, you can continue engaging in the pattern of prayer. Using the ACTS as a template can be a helpful starting point: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. Make it a morning routine.
Promise: Study and Apply God’s Word
“I will bless your life if you study and do my word.” Psalm 1:1-3 (New International Version):
“Blessed is the one… whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on His law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water…and whatever they do prospers.”
- Action Step: Read the four Gospels in 21 days using the “God with Us” book. Attend the mid-week series “Nothing but the Truth,” exploring the origin and impact of truth in your life (Wednesday nights). If you missed this, you can still catch the lessons online.
Promise: Tithing for Heart Alignment
“I will bless your life if you tithe your income.” (Malachi 4:10). Why did God establish the pattern of tithing? God is not poor; He uses gold for asphalt. It’s not about your money or Him getting your money; it’s about what the money represents, which is your heart. Money is attached to our hearts.
- Action Step: Test the Lord by tithing ten percent until Easter. Experience the alignment of your heart and witness the reciprocal blessings unfold.
Promise: Helping Those in Need
“I will bless your life if you help others in need.” (Psalm 41:1). God blesses those who are kind to the poor and helpless.
- Action Step: Mom’s Pantry is a ministry of Dream City Church. Consider donating to this vital work. Extend your generosity to the poor and marginalized, and watch blessings manifest in ways beyond imagination.
Promise: Share the Good News Boldly
“I will bless your life if you share the good news.” (Philemon 1:6). Don’t be ashamed of Jesus. If I had a cure for cancer and didn’t share it, that would be criminal. God’s one mission is building his church. Make it your mission.
- Action Step: Don’t keep the transformative power of God’s love silent. Bring someone to church with you, and let your life be a testimony. Distribute “Sit with Me” cards and invite someone, such as a co-worker or someone you minister to, to experience God’s love.
Promise: Engage in Fellowship within the Church
“I will bless your life if you participate in fellowship with other Christians.”
- Action Step: Get involved in a ministry or small group within the church. Attend Wednesday gatherings and connect over coffee afterward. Strengthen your bonds within the family of God as you contribute to building His church. (1 Corinthians 3:8-9)
John 13:17 says, “Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.”
If you heard or read this sermon, then you know these things. But knowing it alone is not enough. Jesus teaches us that you will be blessed not just by knowing but by doing. This message is only valuable if you act upon it.
Keep in mind that all these blessings hinge on a relationship with Christ. You don’t do these things to earn God’s love or earn your way into his favor. But you can put yourself in a way of receiving God’s blessings this year. For more information on what it means to have a relationship with Jesus and how to receive his rich blessings, visit our website at Dream City Church or join us for Sunday worship.
The above is an abbreviated version of the message that Pastor Luke originally preached on January 7th, 2024. We invite you to join us for Sunday Service at Dream City Church each week to hear Pastor Luke and other speakers in person. You can also stream our services online here. If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to share it with someone who might need to hear this powerful message!